Portree Community Centre

In January 2020, the Portree Community Centre Association called an EGM and a new committee was selected. Despite the new committee having strong representation from the PBCT the association remains a separate entity retaining ownership of the building. If the trust can identify a viable option for development then ownership of the building could be transferred in due course.

 

With this in mind, before the pandemic and with funds from the Highland Council and the Portree Community Centre Association a condition report was produced. This document outlines that the structure of the building is sound, however, confirms that the fabric of the building and all services (heating, electrics, etc) need significant upgrades to the value of over £100,000.

 

Currently the Highland Council own approximately 75% of the land on which the community is built, Fearann Eilean Iarmain Estates own the remaining 25% of the land and the PCCA lease for the site has expired. If the PBCT can develop a strong business plan, it could be feasible to request ownership of the building and pursue funds to renovate it. In the meantime the trust are working closely with the PCCA to explore short, medium and long term options for bringing the hall back into use. 

The Portree Community Centre Association AGM is being held virtually on Wednesday the 31st of March at 7pm. 

Please click here to attend the AGM via Zoom. 

 AGENDA 

  1. Welcome

  2. Apologies

  3. Previous AGM Minutes - matter arising and adoption

  4. Chairman’s report

  5. Treasurer’s report

  6. Committee elections

  7. AOCB

  8. Close

 

At the time of the AGM the appointed committee are:

Donnie Nicolson – Chairman

Peter Urquhart – Vice chairman      

Duncan Brown – Treasurer

Hugh Macdonald – Secretary           

Annemarie Campbell (Secretary)

Janice MacHugh        

Scott Martin

Lorna Cormack                                    

AGM Documentation 

Draft minutes for the EGM 2020 

 

 

 

 

Final accounts for the year ending 31st  March 2020  

© 2017 by Portree & Braes Community Trust (SCIO)  No: SC046593

Read our Privacy Policy here.